* 1 tablespoon olive oil or ghee
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1/2 cup chopped carrot
* 1/2 cup each seeded and chopped red and green bell pepper
* 4 cups cooked black beans (approximately three and a half cups, raw)
* 2 cups vegetarian stock or water
* 4 teaspoons chili powder, or more to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon oregano
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* 2 tablespoons honey, tomato paste, yogurt, grated monterey jack cheese (for garnishing)
1. Heat oil or ghee in a large pot and saute celery, carrot, bell pepper for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients (except garnishing ingredients) and boil.
3. Lower the heat, cover with the lid and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour or till consistency becomes thick.
4. Remove from heat and garnish with green onion, cheese and a dollop of yogurt.