These principles of light or energy medicine originated in the quantum physics of Einstein himself. He first introduced the concept of the LASER and stated that every living cell emits radiation, which he referred to as the “photon emission of living cells”— or what BioVeda Technologies fittingly refer to as the AURA. It has taken nearly 60 years for fellow physicists to begin to comprehend Einstein’s holistic world view of quantum mechanics, and the relationship between matter, energy and its applications in health and medicine.
The AURA PTL II utilizes the healing power of light in a rather unique method that combines the benefits of acupuncture, information induction, modulated frequencies and low-level light therapy to increase circulation, reduce inflammation and stimulate cellular growth and repair.
Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) has been investigated and used clinically for over 30 years, mostly in Eastern Europe and Asia. Low power or cold lasers can non-thermally and non-destructively alter cellular function. This phenomenon, known as laser biostimulation or photobiomodulation, is the basis for the current use of lasers to treat a variety of articular, neural, and soft tissue conditions. This type of therapy has significant published evidence to the efficacy which includes over 200 randomized controlled tests. This evidence is equal to or greater than standards for pharmaceutical, surgical, and manual therapies for a wide range of pathologies.
Low-level light therapy lasers are only capable of delivering a physiological dose of therapy. One of the most important aspects of a physiological dose of therapy is that it is safe. It is safe no matter what the condition or pathology is, no matter what medications the patient is on and no matter what the patient may be allergic to. Due to the low-level, non-thermal nature, there is no tissue destruction or other hazard that you would find associated with the higher powered lasers unless the light is shined directly into the eye.
What can low-level light laser therapy be used for? We at Fern Life Center have protocols for the following medical problems and many more besides. Talk to one of our medical providers if you have questions.
- allergy removal (it is like NAET but quicker and like acupuncture without the needles)
- pain relief for joints, muscles, head-aches, inflammation, and acute trauma
- hormone balancing
- depression, anxiety, and other emotional issues
- addiction removal (smoking especially)
- adrenal recovery
- thyroid disorders
- yeast clearing/parasite clearing
- skin issues
- bed wetting issues
- digestive issues
- shingles and herpes simplex
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- carpal tunnel
- sciatic nerve
- tennis elbow
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How many visits does it take?
If you complete one protocol of 12-18 visits, then it will only take 1-4 additional visits to treat an entirely different issue. For example, if you complete a food or allergy protocol of 12 visits and then decide you would like to clear up your psoriasis or acne or yeast or digestive issue or hormone or mood issue, it would only take another 1-4 sessions to treat each of these other problems.
2. How long is each session?
We schedule your time for 20 minute intervals.
3. Do I have to wear something special?
No, we will provide you with a gown and sunglasses for your treatment.
4. Can the laser burn me or are there side effects?
No, this is cold laser. You can get what is called a “detox reaction” that can include head-aches, painful muscles or joints, fatigue and a dip in your mood or digestive issues. This is unusual and more time would need to be placed between sessions if you get this problem.
5. How often can I receive a treatment?
You must have at least 24 hours between sessions for your nervous system to get used to the new pathways. You can have up to 3 sessions per week: Monday, Wed., and Friday.
6. Does insurance cover this?
No it does not. The Aura PTL Laser is FDA approved, but not insurance approved. Each session is $75 plus the cost of homeopathic tinctures or supplements that might be prescribed by our medical providers that go with specific protocols.
7. How do I know which protocol I would need?
Our medical providers will assess you and determine which protocol and in what order treatment would best bring you back to balance.
8. If I do this for allergy removal, will my allergies be gone for the rest of my life?
Theoretically, yes. However, sometimes people need an extra treatment at the beginning of hay fever season if they get seasonal allergies. At Fern Life Center we use the ALCAT test to screen for 250 different food and herbal/supplement sensitivities. This can help guide our treatment for you.
9. Do the treatments hurt?
No, in fact you feel nothing.
10. Are there any special instructions before I come into the clinic for treatment or after my sessions?
Yes, below is our patient instruction sheet. Please read carefully in preparation for your treatment.
Instructions for Laser Therapy
The day of your appointment:
- Do not take any supplements or unnecessary medications for one hour before your appointment.
- Avoid eating one hour before your appointment.
- Please drink a lot of water for 24 hours before your visit. We will need you to be well hydrated.
- Most treatments involve treating acupuncture points on the lower leg, forearms and back. Gowns are provided, but you may want to wear loose pants that can roll up and a white, sheer shirt in place of wearing a gown.
- Please do not wear perfume, strong smelling deodorant, fragrances, essential oils, hand lotion, aftershave or cologne on the day of your visit.
- If you need to reschedule your appointment, please do so no later than noon two (2) business days prior to your appointment to avoid a cancellation fee.
After your treatment:
For three hours after your treatment we recommend if possible, do not:
- Go to a restaurant
- Visit a hair salon, Barber shop, or nail salon
- Gas your car
- Chew gum, use breath mints
- Drink anything except water
- Eat anything
- Do anything that is highly stressful or stimulating
- Have a Massage, Acupuncture, Vigorous Exercise, Hot Tub, Sauna, Steam Room or Swimming
(This is to avoid exposure to foods and chemical that you eat, drink, breath or put on your skin, and is a recommendation for best results, but not a requirement.)
We have designed these suggestions based on years of practical experience. You may be able to break some or all of the rules and do just fine. You will have the best chance for success if you follow all the suggestions. The restrictions are to be followed for three hours, a small price to pay for a long term benefit.
As long as you do not experience severe detoxification reactions like joint pain, severe fatigue, head-aches, nausea, or digestive issues, you may have one laser treatment every other day. If you do have a healing crisis it is essential to slow the treatment process down to let the body catch up. Once you have completed a complete protocol consisting of 12-18 treatment sessions, it will be possible to do “add-ons” of 1-4 sessions for other issues right after. For example, if you completed the full allergy/sensitivity protocol of 12-18 sessions, you can then do the hormone or mood stabilization or yeast or detox protocols which consist of anywhere from 1-4 sessions each. This is a wonderful non-invasive way to heal each layer of your body.
Please note that to enhance the efficacy of the laser therapy, there will be some homeopathic tinctures prescribed by our medical staff to take during your protocol that will cost extra above the cost of the laser sessions. These are usually only taken until the one bottle is finished.
To make an appointment for this non-invasive treatment please call: (425) 391-3376 to book an appointment.