* 2/3 cup cut okra (cut into fairly thin roundels)
* 1 cup fresh yogurt, whisked until smooth
* 1/2 cup coconut milk or 1 heaped tbsp coconut cream
* 2 curry leaves
* 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
* Rock salt to taste
* 1 pinch hing (asafetida)
* 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
* 1 1/2 tbsp ghee or mild olive oil
1. Heat the ghee or oil in a non-stick pan. Add asafetida and mustard seeds. When the seeds start popping, add the okra and curry leaves.
2. Fry the okra slices, turning them over occasionally, until slightly brown at the edges and slightly crisp. Remove from heat and cool.
3. If using coconut cream, dissolve in a little warm water to thick milk consistency.
4. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Gently fold in the spiced okra.
5. Mix well, and enjoy at lunch as part of a meal.