* 1 cup Vata -balancing vegetables of your choice, cut into 1/4" dice (choose from asparagus, carrots, green beans, green peas, parsnips, beets)
* 1 cup mixed tender greens, shredded
* 1 cup paneer , in 1/4" cubes (optional)
* 2 tsp cumin seed
* 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
* 1/4 tsp ground clove
* 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
* 1/4 tsp turmeric
* 1/2 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
* Rock salt to taste
* 1/2 cup fresh unflavored yogurt , preferably homemade
* 30–40 almonds, soaked in warm water and blanched
* 8 cups water
* 2 Tbsp ghee
* 3 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
1. Steam vegetables for about 7-8 minutes.
2. Grind together the almonds, ginger and yogurt with about half the water to a very smooth puree. Add the water in increments as needed to grind.
3. Heat ghee in a large pot until it looks clear.
4. Add the cumin seeds and stir briefly to release flavor and aroma.
5. Reduce heat to medium and add the greens and the powdered spices. Stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes; then add the rest of the water and bring to a boil.
6. Fold in the sauce and the steamed vegetables, add salt, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning or sticking.
7. Add the paneer cubes, stir briefly and remove from heat.
8. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with plain Basmati rice.
Note: This is especially good for Vata types