* 2 cups chopped green beans
* 2 tablespoon olive oil or ghee
* 2 tsp brown or black mustard seeds
* 1/2 tsp hing (asafetida) (optional)
* A few red pepper flakes
* 2 tsp lemon juice
* 1/2 tsp turmeric
* 1 tsp minced ginger
* 1 tsp black pepper
* Rock or sea salt to taste
* 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
* 4 tbsp fresh grated coconut
* 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Steam the beans for 10 minute. In a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil.
2. Add the hing, if using, and the mustard seeds.
3. As the seeds start popping, add the beans, turmeric, minced ginger, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes and sauté for a few minutes. Beans should be tender but not mushy. Reduce heat to low.
4. In another pan, toast the sesame seeds for a few minutes until they turn light brown.
5. Transfer beans to a serving dish. Top with the sesame seeds, grated coconut and cilantro and serve warm with whole grain bread and lentils.