* 1/4 cup Basmati rice
* 6-8 cups pure water
* 1/2 cup chopped tender greens
* 1/4 cup chopped celery
* 1/4 cup grated carrot
* 1/4 cup diced fennel bulb
* 1/2 tsp ground fennel seed
* 1/8 tsp ground cumin
* 1/8 tsp ground coriander
* 1 tsp minced fresh cilantro
* Rock salt to taste
1. Wash the rice thoroughly by rinsing it several times. Drain.Bring the water to a boil in a heavy-bottomed pot.
2. Add the rice, the vegetables, fennel, cumin and coriander and stir once to mix.
3. Turn heat down to low, cover the pot and let simmer for 60-80 minutes.
4. Add the salt and mash ingredients against the side of the pot with the back of a ladle.
5. Strain, garnish with the fresh cilantro, and enjoy warm or at room temperature.