Stokes the digestive fire and promotes good food absorption.
* 1 quart of water
* 1 pinch of cayenne
* 1 inch fresh ginger root peeled and diced or minced
* 1-2 tsp rock salt
1. Bring all of the above ingredients to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes.
2. Take the pot off the burner and cool for a few minutes
3. Add the juice of 1/2 lemon or lime. Do not boil the citrus juice. When it has cooled to drinking temperature you may add 1 TBSP of honey. (Never cook honey)
4. High Pitta individuals may boil one mint tea bag with the above ingredients.
5. Pour into a thermos and enjoy 4 to 6 cups throughout the day!