When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use.
When diet is correct, medicine is of no need. —Ayurvedic Proverb
Ayurveda is the sister science of yoga. Both disciplines arose thousands of years ago from the ancient texts of India known as the Vedas. Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word which means the science of life, (Ayur means “life” + Veda which means “science” or “knowledge”).
The Ayurvedic system allows for the uniqueness of each individual. It divides people into body types and provides a framework with which to choose correct diet, proper exercise, breathing techniques, and much more that we in the West seldom pay attention to in our daily routines. Ayurveda is a journey to wellness through balance. Ayurveda empowers the individual to take care of themselves!
Ayurvedic body types are known as doshas. There are a number of ways to determine your dosha type. At Fern Life Center you will have the opportunity to fill out a “dosha assessment.” Your initial consultation will last about an hour and will include a history intake, physical examination, (including in-depth pulse diagnosis), assessment, and a treatment plan. Following are the treatment modalities that are offered:
- Individualized nutritional plan according to your particular dosha type.
- Herbal and/or nutritional supplements as needed to bring you into balance.
- Detoxification therapy (called Pancha Karma in Sanskrit).
- Weight loss program specific to your dosha. (So it works and weight stays off!)
- Ayurvedic body work and massage.
- Customized stress management program which utilizes:
- Breathing techniques unique to your dosha.
- Meditation instruction.
- Anti-aging and rejuvenation customized to your dosha.
- Individualized daily and seasonal routine programs.
- Recovery from addictions and codependency.
- Hand made, organic, dosha specific skin care line called Fern Simples (give yourself a home beauty treatment and discover why men and women who use Ayurveda looks years younger).
- Specialized skin care and anti-aging therapies.
- Ayurvedic cooking classes and nutritional coaching.